What Breed is My Dog?

I got my German Shepherd puppy a few months ago from a rescue shelter. I was bummed when I got there and realized she was a mix, but she was so dang adorable that I got her anyways. She is a sweet dog, but very hard to potty train. She is extremely protective.

She is only 5 months old and when I take her on walks to the river she already knows not to run off. She scopes the place out and comes right back to my side. She is so intelligent. She can open low-lying cupboard doors (where her treats are) already, haha.

I want to know what others think she may be mixed with based on the picture and attitude I've described (which I know can be of all dogs). She also has a short tail (not a nub, its about half a tail) and runs kinda sideways so we believe she was attacked and had her tail bitten/cut off and may have some type of nerve damage back there. So don't necessarily base an assumption of the length of her tail.

By Samantha from Oroville, CA

My guess is also boxer in her. A very pretty girl. She sounds adorably sweet.

I see Boxer. Look at those paws & feet & big tongue. They cut her tail to convince people of her mix, but that was cruel. She's definitely a X-breed. Please be a good owner and do obedience training with her. You will be so rewarded.

What a beautiful dog!

Keep us posted.

Your pretty dog: Why is she so resisting house breaking?

Such a beautiful girl! I was thinking her face resembles a Husky, but whatever she is mixed with, it sounds like her personality is very much German Shepherd. What ever she is, she will make you proud of her if you take her to obedience classes. Please give her a "smooch" for me.

How fortunate you are to have such a sweet girl. My first pick would be to go to the Veterinarian and ask him what breed she could be. Also, what color is her tongue? If it's a combination of speckled pink & blue that would be a Chow Chow in her blood. All Chow Chows have blue tongues.

Personally I see Boxer or Pit Bull in her.

Thank you all for your responses. The Vet said he does not believe she has any boxer. I'm going to put up another picture as this one may not be her best photograph, she does look boxer in this picture. My other guess would be lab (bc of her head shape) and Akita dogs have tails similar to hers and they are straight as puppies. Any other guesses?! Thanks again!

Pets Dogs AdviceMarch 31, 2011
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
mixed breed dog
What Breed is My Dog?
Cat
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat
🎄
🍂