What Breed is My Dog?

I have a Lab mix but am not sure what he's mixed with. I am looking at an apartment that does not allow Pit Bulls or Pit mixes and am afraid that Shadow has Pit in him. Can anyone tell what breed he is?

Bill from New Columbia, PA

The darling is not part pit bull, so darling and so sweet. I can tell by the ears, face and tail.....what a sweetie.

Racer

I agree with Racer. I see no pit in this dog at all. You should be able to keep him!

Looks exactly like my dog, right down to the flopped ears and white patch. Mine is a 3/4 lab, 1/4 husky cross. Very gentle and great with kids.

Take it to your local vet to ask the question. Many people think by inter-breeding the Pits, etc with other acceptable family dogs that will get them by. Genetic traits are strong and can't be helped by the animal when it is stupid humans who do this. Not that I personally would want to be around any of them, cross breeding of a potentially known dangerous breed should be a chargable offense, yet that is down on the ladder of addressed problems.

It doesn't matter what breed you have, some characteristics of other dogs can do similar things, one the stigma of dangerous animals is there, it becomes a public safety thing. I have been attacked by little dogs as well. I am a dog owner, (german short hair female) always reminded of what my dog could do too. Spay/neutering at 4-5 months of age can help keep hormones from being in charge, which helps define behaviors as well.

I think your dog might be Lab/doberman mix because of the ears. You can have genetic testing done at your vets to determine breed or breeds.

Looks like a Black Lab to me. And I agree I see no Pit in this dog.

Your apartment bans pits because of fear of some kind of sad incident. Is your dog going to do that? didn't think so! No worries, then!

I have a full blooded lab and he is about the same size. Your dogs head certainly looks like a lab with no pit bull features.

Looks like a dog I used to have Lab/Doberman mix A real good mix.

I do animal rescues and I can see any pit what so ever actualy it looks just like my black lab did Debbie

mixed breed dog
What Breed is My Dog?
Pets Dogs AdviceMarch 9, 2009
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Welsh Terrier
Welsh Terrier Breed Information
Cat
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 2:31:53 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.