What Breed is My Dog?

What mixed breed is my dog? We adopted Hershey when he was 6 weeks old from a high kill shelter in West Virginia. He was there with his mom who was a Border Collie mix (couldn't figure out what the mix was). The shelter thought he could be a Border Collie/Shepherd mix. He has some brindle coloring in his coat, especially on the top of his head so we were thinking maybe some Pit?

He is now 3 months old and the sweetest dog in the world. He loves everything and everybody! He is also very smart. He picks up on tricks within minutes. He knows how to sit, lay down, stand, give paw, and play dead. He also knows his name and knows how to come (when he wants to).

By Erica from MD

Don't know the breed, but it sounds like you both got pretty lucky! Great name, too!

He really has the body build of a young Dutch Shepherd, and brindle is common coloring with them, too. Also--they are smart, smart, smart and it sounds like your guy is high in the IQ department. Google around for that breed--there's a lot of info out there.

He's a beautiful guy!

I do not know what breed he is, but for sure he is cute!

He looks like a Belgium Mallionois. It's close to a German Shepherd. He has shorter fur though. That's my guess and you got lucky with Hershey. She has very pretty and exotic colors and marks.