What Breed is My Dog?

What breed is my dog? People have said he was a Lab Bulldog mix?

By Brian from Dayton, OH

The deep broad chest and large head suggest staffie to me, with some lab (around the jowls, under jaw) and German shepherd (tail and head markings). Coat length and colour could come from staffie, pit bull, lab mix. Ears are staffie. I can't see any bulldog in there, personally - it might be different if I saw him in the flesh.

We have a staffie rottweiler cross, and she has those big lips and enormous nostrils - brill, aren't they?

Or do you mean American Bulldog? (Sorry, being English I was thinking of a British Bulldog). Yes, that could be in there - they're rather like a huge staffie, aren't they?

Seriously, you cannot tell by looking. Visually, all one can do is guess what dominate genes the dog has. A dog might be half of a particular breed, but few to none of those genes are dominate, so you'd never really know.

If you really want to know, try out this site: http://www.wisdompanelinsights.com/ You can get your dog's ancestry tested and that way, you'll know for sure. It can be your Christmas gift to yourself.

He looks like he's part Dogue de Bordeaux, which is a French Mastiff. I have a friend who has one and I see it in the face. http://www.bulldoginformation.com/dogue-de-bordeaux.html

I dont know what his background is but he sure has inherited a noble and handsome look

American bulldog, pitbull maybe some shepherd. He has the same tail as my dog.

mixed breed dog
What Breed is My Dog?
Pets Dogs AdviceDecember 4, 2009
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Welsh Terrier
Welsh Terrier Breed Information
Cat
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat
🎄