What Breed is My Dog?

I bought this dog from someone at a festival a few weeks ago. I was told he was Colby Pit Bull and Red Nose Pit mixed, but the more I look at him and compare to other dogs, he doesn't look like a full blooded Pit to me. In my opinion, he looks like he's mixed with Boxer. What do yall think?

By Kailyn from GA

Light brown dog with dark muzzle.

Hey ! I know many times, when people get dogs from previous owners, somehow along the line the actual breed of the animal gets misconstrude. One myth of the Pitbull breed is that there is a "pure" In fact there's really no such thing as a full blooded pit bull of any type! Working in an animal shelter, where 90% of our dogs are pitbulls, I know this. I bet that if you got a DNA test on your dog (yes, it's possible,) That some where along the line, his parents were mixed with Pit/Lab/Hound/Shepard. It is very hard to know what exactly you have unless you get the DNA test done. I've seen the smallest Pitbull Mix come back with DNA traces of a Mastiff. Believe me, the ears on your dog are mostly Retriever/Hound. And it does have a the "bully breed" type stature. A DNA test would totally be worth it. Who knows? You may find out he has some Australian Shepard as well. Keep me posted on your findings!

Well I know one thing he is very cute! I worked for a vet for years and I know if you want to spend money you can have a DNA test done on him. I am not sure of the costs in your area but I am sure your vet can help you with any information. He looks like a pit bull mix, but he has a beagle look to him also. Like I mentioned very cute dog.

And something that has eyes that look deep into your soul. Gosh, He looks like family to me.

Oh my is he ever handsome!

Whenever I see those choke chains on dogs ( in photos) I have to let you know it is very, very dangerous to leave those on a dog if he is alone. The chains get caught on knobs and furniture and branches and fences and the dog can choke to death. Please only use that collar when you walk him. I don't want your handsome fella' to get hurt! :)

Please don't use a choke chain unless walking your beautiful dog. My cousin had them on her 2 inside dogs and came home and they were tangled together and 1 almost choked to death. If she had been a little later getting home, at least 1 would have been dead. Looks like he has some boxer in him too. He is very beautiful!

Looks like some sort of Boxer mix.

First look at the pic I saw, Boxer Brother in law raises them. It really shouldn't matter what he is, just love him. And get him a real collar, maybe leather with paw prints on it.

I have a pitbull beagle mix (saw the "parents"). She is adorable, very trainable, great guard dog, and all she wants, is to play all day.

I have a red nose pit bull who bred with boxer, we kept 2 girls who look just like your dog.

mixed breed dog
What Breed is My Dog?
Pets Dogs AdviceOctober 12, 2010
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Welsh Terrier
Welsh Terrier Breed Information
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat