What Breed is My Dog?

What mixed breed is my dog? Cassie was adopted from the shelter and has had approximately 4 previous owners. Her medical records are spotty, but what I have describes her as any one of the following: a large breed puppy, a Labrador Retriever mix, a Pit Bull Terrier mix, a Boxer mix, or a Staffordshire Terrier mix. Since she has been adopted twice in the 17 months she has been alive, we will never be sure. The shelter chipped her and registered her as brindle Labrador Retriever.

By Matthew P. from Somewhere in MI

I have a friend whose dog looks exactly like yours. They paid the $60 for a DNA test, because they were getting a lot of hassle about their dog possibly being a Pit Bull. The results came back 50% Boxer, 50% Greyhound.

I don't think very many breeds have brindle markings, so that should help you narrow things down - Greyhounds, Great Danes, and Pit Bulls are the only ones I can think of off hand. Can anyone think of any other breeds with brindle markings?

Boxers , mastiffs, staffies, bull dogs all can also have the brindle marks. face and body look lab like. I'd say lab mix with what I dunno. the DNA test is the only fool proof way to know. good looking pup though.

I say Boxer/Mix they come in brindle and the feet have Boxer markings too. If you really want to know get a DNA Test.

I agree, from the picture the brindle is likely boxer since labs are not brindle unless mixed (none I have ever seen) and with the white painted paws and possibly white on her chest I would say boxer and lab since they called her brindle lab they were probably unsure if she was boxer or pit bull. I've been around all three dogs and I think shes boxer and lab.

http://www.boxer-dogs-guide.com/brindleboxerdogs.html

I believe its a pure bred pit bull. I've seen three just like it.

She is lovely and looks like a pit bull mix. Shelters typically assign "lab" to any dog that appears to be a pit so that it has a chance of being adopted.

DNA testing companies often do not test for pit bull breeds due to breed specific laws and landlord issues. Their customers are hoping to get in writing that their dog does not have pit in it for those reasons. So the DNA profile, as it does not test for pit breeds, shows other dog breeds. And it should be noted that DNA profiling as done by many of the commercial DNA dog profile companies is not exact. Purebred (registered with long AKC pedigrees) samples have been sent in and it still comes back as mixes.

Pits can be wonderful dogs if bred for the sweet temperament that they are supposed to have. Dog fighters, who developed these breeds, did not put up with dogs that were aggressive to people so that they did not get bit when handling them. Today, many are used as therapy dogs in hospitals.

Badly breed or mishandled pits and pit mixes can be dangerous. If she does develop any issues with other animals or with humans, check with experienced pit bull people on how to help her become the wonderful companion dog she is meant to be.

She may be a boxer/pit bull mix as other posters noted.

Here is an article I found on "What to Expect if You Add a Boxer-Pitbull mix to your household. http://puppytoob.com/dog-breeds/expect-adding-boxer-pitbull-mix-family/

He could be full like full pit or bull masiff

mixed breed dog
What Breed is My Dog?
Pets Dogs AdviceMay 15, 2011
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Welsh Terrier
Welsh Terrier Breed Information
Cat
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat
🎉
🎄