What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

I have cooked chicken, red onions, carrots, red and green peppers in fridge. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do with it?

By sharuth from UK

Answers:

What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

You can make a savory rice dish by shredding them and add a bit of butter or olive oil and saute them with some herbs and add it to some cooked rice or add the them to a white sauce and put them in some pasta. Thanks.

Dorothy (09/18/2009)

By Dorty

What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

I was thinking rice too, but another option would be to make a chicken soup. You could add noodles or rice, or just make it with veggies. If you wanted to add corn and Mexican spices, you could make something similar to a Chicken Tortilla soup (I think you might need tomatoes for that, too).

My favorite thing is to look through my fridge and see what meal I can create from what I have. I have made a lot of good soups and casseroles this way, usually un-recreatable, unfortunately. (09/18/2009)

By Jess

What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

Most of the big online recipe sites have a place for search by ingredients:

Also these sites let you search by ingredients as well:

By Kaelle

What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

I would suggest one of the following:

• Chicken Salad - just add something like leaf lettuce and/or spinach and salad dressing
  • Chicken Soup - add some barley and spices and this would probably make a good soup
  • Chicken Sandwiches - add Mayo or Mustard and favorite bread and it would make a good sandwich
(09/18/2009)

By crazyliblady

What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

Chicken stir fry. Cube the chicken. Add some soy sauce and cook until hot. Put over rice. (09/18/2009)

By maggie3956

What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

Chicken and dumplings. Cut the chicken and veggies in bite size, add water and/or milk and cornstarch for thickening. Bring to a simmer. Put dumplings on top (home made, Bisquick, or biscuits) and cover for 20 minutes, and you're good to go. (09/18/2009)

By clynnaltemus

What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

Chicken Pot Pie would also be good. For the sauce, use equal parts butter and flour to make a roux (pronounced roo) then add purchased chicken broth a little at a time to desired thickness using a whisk to stir constantly, add a little salt and pepper to taste, a store bought pie crust and you're done. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes (checking after 20 minutes). (09/19/2009)

By chef4u

What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

Saute the carrots while you cut up the onions and peppers and throw them into the skillet to cook. Add cumin, a dash of oregano, pepper flakes (optional), salt and pepper. When soft, put chicken into pan until hot and wrap all in a tortilla or change the seasonings to anything you like and serve over pasta. If you do this, add a little of the pasta water to the pan to make the sauce creamy. (09/19/2009)

By Goldie2

What Can I Make With These Ingredients?
close up of pepperoni pizzaa
Bubble Pizza Recipes
Measuring Ingredients
Measuring Ingredients
Jar of hand cream with flowers and woman's hands applying cream in the background.
Homemade Hand Cream Recipes
A woman looking in the refrigerator.
What Can I Make With These Ingredients?
🎉
🎄