What Color Should I Paint My Kitchen Walls?

My cabinets are white, stove and refrigerator are stainless steel with a shade of black and my counter top is black, gray and a speck of orange; my floor is light gray tile. What color should I paint my kitchen walls?

Deloisedel

Answers:

Apricot or a pale aquamarine. (08/19/2007)

By perfumed fan

Depending on your style, I'd go for something bright. Orangish red perhaps? Especially as you already have some flecks of that in your counter top (I don't see blues/greens coordinating well with that) A mustardy yellow might work, too. Go to the paint store and pick up some tester paint, then slap a bit on your wall and see what you think after a couple days of looking at it. (08/20/2007)

By tah_dah

Red! Nothing heats up a kitchen better than red on the walls. It is warm, welcoming, and hearkens back to hearth and home as well as being stylish and sophisticated! Red can take you from country kitchen to urban delight. (08/22/2007)

By lori

I vote for apricot. The red-orange-yellow family is what they use at fast food restaurants because it stimulates your appetite. (08/22/2007)

By Jantoo

Go traditional and you won't be sorry in the long run- don't go for fad colors. Painting is hard work! Match the gray in the floor tile! (08/22/2007)

By Patty

With that setup you can choose any color that you love! Have fun! I would so do a bright red or yellow (08/22/2007)

By

I would paint one wall red. (08/22/2007)

By Maryeileen

I would paint them a Terra Cotta color. It would look good with your grays and blacks. (08/23/2007)

By Momof1

I think the best thing to do with the colors you have is to go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get some color samples that you like and bring them home and look and see what color goes best. (08/23/2007)

By candleglows

I go along with the orange crowd (there are many different shades). I paint frequently because I enjoy it--go figure. Try the Behr computer at Home Depot. It paints "virtually" and gives you a really good idea how color combos will work in your home.

Remember, the most important part is prep, prep, prep!

Good luck! (09/06/2007)

By floridasheila

I vote for 'bittersweet', just a little darker than orange but not as dark/dull as terracotta. And it will bring out the orange flecks in your counter top! Studies have shown that looking at the color orange (and similarly, bittersweet) every day stimulates your HAPPINESS, and we can all use that. Can you tell that orange is my favorite color? (My kitchen counter tops are orange (from the 70s, and I love 'em!) (10/25/2007)

By Nancy in Florida

Red increases your appetite. I would stay away with that for a kitchen and dinning room. Blue suppresses your appetite and may help you keep hunger at bay so you don't over eat. (02/26/2008)

By sale