What Color to Paint Kitchen with Dark Green Counter Tops

I need advice on paint colors for my kitchen/dining room. It's all one big room. I have dark green counter tops, deep brown floral curtains, cream appliances, and oak cabinets. Should I go with a lighter celery green or paint a color that is complete opposite? Basically, my kitchen colors are dark green and brown. Your advice is appreciated!

Tina from Lebanon, OR

Answers:

What Color To Paint Kitchen With Dark Green Counter Tops

If you stick with white, you can't go wrong. (11/19/2007)

By MCW

I had that trouble too. My counters were brown. I found a sample of it and went to Home Depot and literally held the sample up in front of the wall of paint samples and picked out six or so that caught my eye - my kitchen is now a deep pumpkin orange and we put up molding to "separate" the living room and kitchen into two. I painted the living room a sage green. I love it! (11/19/2007)

I love the idea of celery with the dark green! Go for it! (11/19/2007)

By MartyD

Something in the orange/coral/pink family would lighten things up. (11/19/2007)

By perfume and powder

How about something in the yellow family? I just painted a bathroom a color called Caribbean Sunset. It's sort of a light mango yellow color, and it looks awesome against the dark espresso brown cabinets. (11/20/2007)

By frontierrog

I love my dark green counters. We used Tera Cota on the kitchen walls, it looks great. (11/20/2007)

By Donna B.

I have a kitchen with dark counter tops, the celery green will be overdoing it with the green. I have a yellow/green color that looks terrific and definitely shows off the cabinets and counters in my open room/kitchen, I extended it to the entire room and have the area above the fireplace painted orange .. excellent. (11/20/2007)

By susan

Try using your creativity and a template or two with a white or light yellow background. Green apples or pears would be nice. (11/20/2007)

By MRS B 58

I would choose a pink color, something very muted. It would tie the other colors together.Pink goes very well with brown and dark green. Take a curtain panel to the paint store and find a paint chip the color closest to your counter top, and with the two of them find a pink that would work with both colors.
(11/21/2007)

By Laura

Thank you all so much for your advice! I have some good ideas rolling around in my head now. [: (11/23/2007)

By Tina

Lots of choices! Home Depot is a great resource. Try deeper shades of yellow, mustard to ocher. Anything in the WARM reds would be great. Brick, warm burgundy, terra cotta, pumpkin, coral, peach, etc.
For less contrast try a lighter shade of one of the existing colors, lighter greens or tan. Look at your brown floral fabric. Is there a color in the print that you especially like? Use the print as a guide when choosing colors. That way you know it won't clash with the upholstery and the floral will actually help pull everything together! (11/23/2007)

By Holly S.

How about the color of your appliances but a darker shade. (11/25/2007)

By Lily May

I'm thinging of a deep orange for my kitchen counter top is mixed oranges cabinets r dark oak app.r black (12/28/2007)

By jody

Gallon paint cans with several different colors and had holding paint color sample strips
Kitchen Paint Color Advice for Dark Green Counter Tops
Blue-Green Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Blue-Green Carpet
Before photo of painted laminate countertop.
Polishing Counter Tops
Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for a Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
🎉
🎄