What Is This PlantPlant Info

What Is The Name Of This Wildflower?

I was checking my popcorn. I wanted to see how well the ears were filling out. I looked to the ground and saw this flower. It's very nice. If I could find more, I would like to cultivate them. Does anyone know its name?

You know what's super silly? I was going to comment for the question poser to get ahold of "likekinds" Doug on here, or that I'd find him for them. OOPS! I'll ask my mum tonight, she might know.

Very pretty but I do not know the name. I have seen very similar in a near by ravine but they are single blooms and not like this.

Perhaps it is native to your area? Or - your well fed birds are bringing you presents from afar. Maybe someone will have a name.

Mum thinks its a bellflower. Spanish bellflower maybe? Stumped.

I thought it was maybe a bellflower, too. I sent a picture to my ag agent. He thinks it's a bellflower, too. But, there are so many kinds of bellflowers. I really need to know which one to care for it properly.I never heard of Spanish bellflower. I'll check it out.

I checked the Spanish bellflower. If this is not it, it sure comes very close.

Tell Eiko I said 'thanks'.

I had something like this last year. It was called loosestrife, and it was very invasive. I still have to pick out some of them.

Here's what I wish would invade my property, blue Larkspur. Beautiful. I just learned that it is the very young plants that are so deadly poisonous. I also learned it is in the Delphinium family.

http://maxpixel … f-Flowers-170235

When I was a child, I heard older folks talk about Larkspur lotion. I can't imagine what it was used for.

Okay - you got my curiosity going and I checked for Larkspur Lotion and found that it was used for lice (of all things). Must be powerful poison.

http://american … ject/nmah_715792

I think it is a Campanula pyramidalis.

You might be right, Catherine. I think we all agree it is Campanula, but which one. The Spanish Bellflower and Campanula pyramidalis look almost identical. The plant I have has a broad leaf and so does Campanula pyramidalis. So, that's in your favor, too. I haven't seen a leaf for Spanish Bellflower, yet.