What Is This Houseplant?

This was given to me as a gift. I think I'm killing it. Does anyone know what it is? I would like to look up how to take care of this. Thank you!

Answers

It is difficult to tell very much from your photo but if you can submit more photos of the complete plant especially the stalks, maybe from overhead, someone may be able to recognize/identify it. It would be good to know if it has blooms/flowers of any kind.

For now, I would recommend not over-watering, maybe wait until the soil feels dry at least an inch down, place only in good indirect light, no direct sun, no fertilizer, and be sure it has very good drainage.

Hope you can save your plant.