What Is This Plant?

Please can anyone tell me what this plant is? I snipped it from a neighbor's yard and rooted it and have it in a pot, but it really needs to be transplanted. What is it and where should I consider planting it? It blooms with little clusters of red flowers in spring.

By Kathleen from Augusta, GA

I call it an angel wing begonia, Also heard it called dragon wing. I had one a few years ago and I don't remember if it bloomed or not but the leaves are the best thing! Be sure to protect it in winter.

The plant is an Elephant Ear Begonia. My mother has some of them. I hope you love them as much as she does. :)

That is an angel wing begonia and it will get really pretty pinkish rose colored flowers on it. Give it a little bit of miracle grow and it will love you.

We call it Angel Wing. The one my mom has is decades old and lives quite nicely on her covered patio year-around. In the winter when a hard freeze is forecast, she covers it with an old sheet and it may die back abit, but it does keep coming back!

I call it an angel wing begonia and I have grown it inside before in a pot.

Hi Kathleen,

Yes, I call it Angelwing begonia. Love the begonias.

I live in California and from what the other people replying are saying, cover the plant if frost is forcasted. I kept my plant out for the first time last year and it died back a bit. It is still growing though but not as lush.

Your plant looks like a Rex Begonia.

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceAugust 25, 2010
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Mystery Plant
What is This Garden Plant?
Europe on a globe.
Plant Hardiness Zones for France
Sun Star Plant
Caring for a Sun Star Plant
🎄
🍂