What are These Plants?

I got some very kind responses re: the type of my plants, but since it seemed that the quality of the pics was so poor, many were only able to make best guesses. So I am trying again with hopefully better photos. I will mention that neither of them is a flowering plant, just indoor hanging plants I got at Home Depot without name tags.

Thanks to all who helped the first time around and I look forward to hearing if opinion is changed with these clearer (hopefully!) images. Thanks. The one with the smaller leaves: they are soft and delicate to the touch, not tough and sturdy or waxy.

By Katherine from Boston, MA

Hi, I think your first plant is Hoya carnosa (wax flower). I've had one here in UK for years but it has never flowered, tho it had beautiful, sweet smelling, clusters of white, waxy blossoms when I first acquired it.

The second one is Crassula ovata, the Money/Friendship plant, It comes in lots of varieties, large and small and is native to the hot hillsides of South Africa. They do flower, especially the bigger leaved ones. Mine has only plain green small leaves,and has never flowered, probably because it doesn't get enough sun here in rainy UK!

Hope this helps, Regards, Remel.

The first picture is a Hoya plant and the second looks to me like a Jade plant. Both are great plants that do not require much attention. The Hoya can also be potted into a hanging container, which should be deep enough to hold the root system. These plants also bloom with a very fragrant flower. Enjoy!

I'm positive that the first one is a Hoya. I have had that variety and have two other varieties right now. The flowers are very interesting and have a very distinctive smell. They remind me of chocolate.

The second one is a Jade plant/money tree. Both plants don't need a lot of water. The hoya needs bright indirect light and the jade does well with direct or indirect. They both root really easily, the jade will just root if a leaf falls on the potting soil. I pinch my jades back or they turn leggy.

The first one (the darker one) looks like a rubber tree plant, from what I could see. I'm attaching a pic of a rubber tree plant to show you what they look like. The second one looks like some kind of succulent. Maybe a jade.

If the first one is slightly furry underneath, I still think it's Trandescantia! Open to correction though.

Marg from England.

Thank you all for the generous feedback. Looks like the verdict is in from you very smart plant lovers!

A woman watering a houseplant.
Identifying a Houseplant
Home and Garden Gardening Plant Info What Is This PlantJune 11, 2010
Powdery Mildew on Plants
Treating Plants with Powdery Mildew
Spider Plant on White Background
Growing Spider Plants
Zombie Boy Climbing Stairs
Making a Plants vs. Zombies Costume
House Surround by Plants
Adding Privacy With Plants
🎄