What breed of Husky is my dog?

What breed of Husky is my dog? She is noted as an Alaskan Husky, but the majority of the photos I have seen of Alaskans do not look like the love of my life. If anyone can advise, please do.

Jeanine from Romania

Answers:

What breed of Husky is my dog?

Your dog looks exactly like our dog Farley, except for the one blue eye. If he is the same as ours, then he is an Alaskan Malamute. He has the exact same markings and features. If his tail curls up, then he probably is a Malamute. Hope this helps. (08/28/2006)

By Melanie

What breed of Husky is my dog?

Go to the American Kennel Club webpage and read the standards for both breeds, their descriptions are very detailed. Hope this helps. (08/29/2006)

By Echo

What breed of Husky is my dog?

I have a dog exactly the same and markings mine is a Siberian huskie /German shepherd. (08/29/2006)

By ldipper

What breed of Husky is my dog?

Here's a good link about them:

pocanticohills.org

From things I've read, they can look really different from one another. Some have curly tails, others not. The blue eyes come from the wolf in them. We have a lot of Alaskan Huskies here in the Pacific Northwest and he looks like one to me.

Susan from ThriftyFun

This one has a dog that looks similar to yours. (08/29/2006)

By ThriftyFun

What breed of Husky is my dog?

The love of your life is definitely Siberian Husky. There are Siberian Husky and Alaskan Malamute. Siberian Husky has a finer skeleton as compared to an Alaskan Malamute. Alaskan Malamute is bigger and more solid than Siberian Husky. Alaskan Malamute tail is slightly curly, Siberian Husky has a "fox" like tail. Both breeds can have blue eyes, also one blue and one brown or both brown.
Just love it as it is. (09/12/2006)

By Peta

What breed of Husky is my dog?

I moderate a very large Alaskan Malamute Internet group (500+ members) and wanted to correct a couple things. Malamutes do not have blue eyes, they have dark brown eyes (the red Malamutes can have lighter brown eyes). Wolves do not have blue eyes, they have light brown eyes. Any Arctic-looking dog with blue eyes has some Siberian Husky in him. Siberians can have two different colored-eyes. Alaskan Huskies are a mix of many different breeds and can look similar to a Siberian. Alaskan Malamutes and Siberian Huskies come in many colors and with many facial markings so you can't judge the breed by that alone. The main difference is in size and bone structure. Siberians should be around 50 pounds and light boned and Malamutes should be over 85 pounds and stocky. (09/28/2006)

By Doris

What breed of Husky is my dog?

It looks like our dog. A Labrador husky pure bred. They are very rare. (01/11/2008)

By May

What breed of Husky is my dog?

An Alaskan husky is any kind of sled dog mix. They are not pure breads that is why each one is unique in their appearance, traditionally the Alaskan husky is a Siberian Husky and a Alaskan Malamute mixed. An Alaskan Malamute looks very similar to a Siberian Husky only they are much larger and have a much bulkier thicker build. Your dog looks more like a Siberian husky more then anything else, but it's hard say for sure unless your dog has papers. (02/03/2008)

By Domonique*Marie

What breed of Husky is my dog?

I think you have a Seppla husky. I just saw one the other day and he was identical to yours even the eyes were the same color. The owners told them they got her from a breeder and it was a Seppla husky. (06/04/2008)

By Nicole

What breed of Husky is my dog?

Wow. I have your exact dog. Just in the baby form. Yours is a Siberian Husky. Possibly wolf mix. Our dog's name is Blue. She has the exact same markings. I saw your post and it scares me. I can't wait for her to be big like that. She is a Siberian Husky/ Albanian Wolf mix. Shes gorgeous. As well as yours. (01/19/2009)

By Jake

RE: What breed of Husky is my dog?

Husky looking dog in papasan chair.
What Breed of Husky is My Dog?
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Caesar (Siberian Husky and German Shepherd Mix)
Siberian Husky - German Shepherd Mix Info and Photos
mixed breed dog
What Breed is My Dog?
Siberian Husky
Siberian Husky Breed Information and Photos
🎉
🎄