What is Best Pan for Baking Brownies?

Category Baking
What is Best Pan for Baking Brownies?
This is a guide about choosing the best pan for baking brownies. Selecting the right pan when baking brownies can make a big difference in achieving the perfect batch.

Cost: $19.95

I purchased this pan set to make my Christmas baking easier and more enjoyable. I baked my usual tailgate blondies. They are a family favorite. Well, the pan worked great. The blondies came out looking like they had come from an exclusive bakery- in perfect squares. Also, because all sides of the blondies touched the metal, there was a uniform consistency of crispy outside textures and chewy inside textures for every piece.

It was also easy to use. However, brownie and bar cookie recipes usually call for a 9x12 inch pan. I used this smaller pan, but added 10 minutes to the baking time and the blondies were delicious, just thicker. I would recommend this product, not as a necessity, but definitely a plus for someone who loves to bake or who is concerned about the aesthetics of the cookies they bring to the open dish banquet at church or work. The neatly squared brownies or bar cookies do look special!

By susannl from St. Cloud, FL

Read 1 Comment

What is the best pan to cook brownies in? I use a small nonstick square 8x8 baking pan by Bakers ($6.99). I buy the small brownie or muffin mix in the pack by Pillsbury. The nonstick surface seem to chip after using them a few times and I have to keep replacing the pan. I don't know if its the pan or the kids not using it properly. Please advise.

Onesummer

Best Answer

I prefer a glass baking dish. I can spray with a cooking oil (such as Pam) if I want to make it easier to remove. Doesn't scratch and lasts forever. Plus the glass ones are microwaveable so you can use it more often, for more recipes. If it isn't in your budget right now, line your pan with foil so that some of it hangs off the sides and spray with Pam, bake as usual. When it is cool, you can just lift the brownie out of the pan using the foil "handles" and cut on a cutting board. Easy!

Best Answer

I line an 8X8 pan with Reynolds Release foil. All you have to do is pick up the brownies by the foil and cut them out of the pan. Another hint: turn the pan upside down to pre-fit the foil and it will go inside the pan easier. Remember to have the release side up. It also saves having to wash the pan.

Best Answer

Just saw on TV last night on "Good Eats" that the BEST pan to bake in is a heavy aluminum pan. The dark coated ones bake uneven, and stainless steel does the same thing. Also, do not coat pan with butter, as it will form moisture and bottom will not brown correct. (Butter is 20% water, that is what causes the moisture. Better with shortening, or PAM like spray)