What is Cilantro?

Can you please explain to me what cilantro is? There is a nice recipe from Robin which uses cilantro and I have to idea what this is.

Thank you.

By Deirdre

I found this for you. It's so good, but I know people that cannot stand it, too.

1. Cilantro and coriander, which are the same thing, have different names in different countries in different names. When people in Latin America prefer to say cilantro, the people in South East Asia and the Middle East prefer to say coriander.

2. In the States, cilantro and coriander are considered to be different. Cilantro is referred as leaves of the plant and coriander as seeds.

3. While the leaves have a pungent smell and taste, the seeds have spicy and lemony aroma.

4. While cilantro can be referred to the herb itself, coriander can be referred to the seeds.

5. Coriander may also refer to the dried product whereas cilantro is often referred to the fresh form.

Read more: Difference Between Cilantro and Coriander | Difference Between | Cilantro vs Corivser http://www.differencebetween.net/sc ... ilantro-and-coriander/#ixzz1POBkYcfz

Many thanks for the information on cilantro. Great information and i can now go ahead and prepare the dish.

Again, many thanks

Should you not be able to get fresh cilantro, a handy substitute to keep on hand is cilantro cubes (like bouillon cubes) made by Knorr-Swiss. I don't get to the store but twice a month, so this is a great substitute when I need it. Dried cilantro is good, too, but I find this product gives a better 'fresh chopped' taste in my dishes.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Herbs and SpicesJune 15, 2011
Homemade Salsa
Salsa Recipes Without Cilantro
Cutting Cilantro
Recipes Using Cilantro
Growing Coriander
Growing Coriander (Cilantro)
dried cilantro
Drying Cilantro