What is This Caterpillar?

I have found this little green caterpillar in my bed, it's green and small, like 3/4 of an inch. It has little black feet or legs, it also has a point on its back. It has little tiny white specs on its back and white lines on its sides. Please tell me what it is! It has a little black mouth, too. Is it poisonous? I have cats, so I'm worried.

By Michelle from Billings, MT

Answers:

What is This Caterpillar?

It sounds like a tomato caterpillar. It eats your tomatoes and ruins your garden. You need to get rid of any ugly looking caterpillars in your garden. Some are even poisonous if you touch them. I usually smash them with something, but you can also use some pesticides on them. (06/11/2010)

By laramay

Ridding them without pesticides

I agree, I first thought of a tomato caterpillar. When I had a really large garden, I made a discovery. These caterpillars tend to like to come out when the sun starts setting. That's a good time to put gloves on and just go grab them up. I try to keep things pesticide free as there are so many creatures in the garden that are beneficial (ladybugs, worms, lizards, etc) that I don't want to harm. Tomato caterpillars aren't necessarily associated just with veggie gardens, but will eat a LOT of your good plants. (06/12/2010)

By threehorses

What is This Caterpillar?
Pom Pom Caterpillar
Making a Pom Pom Caterpillar
green balloon caterpillar
Making a Balloon Caterpillar
paper plate caterpillar
Caterpillar Craft Ideas
🎉
🎄