What is This Plant?

Can anyone identify this plant for me? Is it a weed or flower (perennial)? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you and have a great day.

Hardiness Zone: 5b

By Trudy2 from Bluffton, IN

You need to take a close up of this flower so I can see it better. Thanks, good luck.

Hello Trudy,

From what I see it's: yellow loosestrife (lysimachia).

I live in Canada and I buy it as a perennial.

Very hardy and easy plant to care for.

Happy gardening.

Here is a link to your plant. Yellow loosestrife. It is very pretty right now and spreads quickly......needs to be thinned out regularly or it will take over any and all space available.

http://www.paulparent.com/perennials/yellowloosestrife.jpg

We had a major invasion of purple loosestrife in Michigan, they brought in a certain bug from Asia that feeds on it exclusively to help get rid of the stuff. Loosestrifes are considered invasive plants in the western hemisphere they are an EuroAsian plant and will kill off everything in it's path. It usually grows along damp swampy areas or river edges. It should be kept in control or destroyed if you don't want to control it.

I have a plant that looks like this that's known as a Monkey Plant. Except mine looks taller. Mine grows in mostly shade. I like it because it shows up real nice in the shady area. Mine is not that invasive.

Looks like sunflowers, not sure, good luck.

Yes, it is yellow loosestrife. As others have said, watch so it doesn't get out of control, but I definitely would not get rid of it. It's much less invasive than the purple loosestrife. As a matter of fact, we had yellow loosestrife for several years. It spread a bit each year, then it all died out and we no longer have any!

Yellow loosetrife. it spreads but not uncontrollably in Canada's Ontario climate.

Mystery Plant
What is This Garden Plant?
Home and Garden Gardening AdviceJune 19, 2009
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Europe on a globe.
Plant Hardiness Zones for France
Sun Star Plant
Caring for a Sun Star Plant
Poplar Tree Cutting
Starting Poplar Tree Cuttings
🎄