What is This Plant?

What is this plant? I found it in the woods by my house. Dose anyone have an idea?

Aliesha

Best Answer

I believe it is solanum virus, also known as tropical soda apple. It is part of the nightshade family and is considered an invasive species.

http://www.invasivespeciesinfo.gov/plants/tropicalsoda.shtml

It looks like nightshade.

I am not sure what it is but I just looked up night shade and some varieties are poisonous. Potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, etc. are also considered night shades. Personally, I would ask a professional gardener who would know what those berries are to find out for sure.

looks like a bottle gourd

Here are some other images of the plant.

Its leaves and stems have huge thorns.

This is Thai Eggplant! They are wonderful!

Have you opened one up? We have something that looks incredibly similar and it is airy with little furry soft pokey things in the middle. I think it came from one of our trees? It wasn't near any shrubs, but then maybe a squirrel dropped it or the wind took it. No idea what it is though. :/

Looks like some type of gourd

Oh my gosh. I had this dreadful plant in 4 places on my property which at one time was a dairy farm. I dug half way to China thinking NOW I surely have it all and it won't come back. Wrong! The thorns are horrid and even the leaves seem to have little prickles on them. The striped green berry looking things it produces stay round (reminds me of a round striped watermelon). They never get any larger than a blueberry in size and they stay hard. The plant grows like a bush, coming out of the ground it one stalk but then branching off into numerous stems. The branches don't get bark, they stay green and quite flexible. I wish someone would come up with the name for this devil-vine. I've now moved and fortunately my new yard doesn't have the thing. It seems invincible!

Actually, I have not tried to open one yet. I will have to try after the holiday.

The inside is spongy,white, with little brown seeds the resemble a flax seed.

Mystery Plant
What is This Garden Plant?
Home and Garden Gardening AdviceNovember 19, 2008
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Europe on a globe.
Plant Hardiness Zones for France
Sun Star Plant
Caring for a Sun Star Plant
Poplar Tree Cutting
Starting Poplar Tree Cuttings
🎄