What is This Plant?

What is this plant? They grow very profusely in the area, in lawns and elsewhere. They are a weed or a wildflower depending on your viewpoint. Thanks in advance.

By Barbara

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

It's called Dead Nettle. I personally consider it a weed, my yard is covered with it.

It is lamium and it is a perennial also called dead nettle.

I have some but I am in a northern zone and it spreads some but not so much that it can't be controlled. I love it.

Thank you very much. I live in the Pacific Northwest and have a lot in my yard. I think I will treat it like the herb it is; mow it and move on. I also like it, it's quite pretty.

Barbara

Love love love this plant! It is the first sign of spring here... :) If you really look at it, the little tubes of the flowers are very delicate and beautiful!

Henbit is another name it is sometimes called. Get it before it seeds, I have seen farmers fields covered with it.

It is also called Creeping Charlie or Gills-Over-The-Ground. Believe it's in the mint family and is very invasive. My stressed lawn, after a long drought, is full of it.

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceApril 1, 2011
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Mystery Plant
What is This Garden Plant?
Europe on a globe.
Plant Hardiness Zones for France
Sun Star Plant
Caring for a Sun Star Plant
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:52:45 AM on 10.0.0.96 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.