What is This Plant?

I am trying to identify my plant. I have had it for several years and it is dying. I want to revive it, but even when slightly touched the leaves fall off. The root structure is barely there, it lays just under the top part of the dirt, but doesn't go beyond 1/2 inch or so. I hope to save it but may have to replace it someday.

Can anyone help me with identifying it? Thanks very much.

By Lori

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Hi, your plant is a Ficus Alii. I don't think you'll be able to revive this one. I don't have enough information to know what is causing it to die, but if it has a heavy soil that is over watered or a fungus problem in the soil it would cause it to die.

This plant needs very well draining soil of bark, peat & sand or perlite. This plant wants consistent moist, not wet soil and not to dry out between watering. It wants bright indirect light. They do not like cold or drafts.

These plants are usually sold as trees with a bare trunk and a lolipop shape foliage top. Interior scape companies use them a lot because they are so easy to maintain especially if sub irrigation is used.

Indian tree

A woman watering a houseplant.
Identifying a Houseplant
Home and Garden Gardening Plant Info What Is This PlantJuly 15, 2011
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Mystery Plant
What is This Garden Plant?
Europe on a globe.
Plant Hardiness Zones for France
Sun Star Plant
Caring for a Sun Star Plant
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 11:26:05 AM on 10.0.0.148 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.