What is the Gestation Period for Dogs?

I wish to know the gestation period for our pet Shih tzu dogs?

By Terry from Camarillo, CA

What is the Gestation Period for Dogs?

It's 63 days from the day of conception. I was brought up with my mother breeding dogs, and I bred them myself for many years and it never failed. (11/05/2009)

By Cricketnc

What is the Gestation Period for Dogs?

I suggest if you are thinking of breeding your pet you get in contact with a good vet. God willing you won't need their services, but if you love your pet you will be prepared. Small breeds tend to have problems in delivering. If you aren't sure when she got bred the vet can give you a pretty good idea when she gets close. Her temperature will go up a couple of degrees and she will start nesting. I have raised puppies for years and wish you luck. Nothing more rewarding than watching the little babies being born and loving that Momma. Good luck. (11/05/2009)

By latrtatr

RE: What is the Gestation Period for Dogs?

What is the Gestation Period for Dogs?

It is 63 days on any dog and your dog's temp is always higher than a humans like about 102, but if you test her and she is going higher than that she is getting ready to go into labor.

Debbie (11/05/2009)

By dcsprsmm

What is the Gestation Period for Dogs?
Preventing Heartworms in Dogs
How Do Dogs Get Heartworms?
Cat Food
Is Cat Food OK for Dogs?
A dog sitting in a garden.
Keeping Dogs Out of Your Garden
Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard