Where Can I Buy Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth?

Where can I buy food grade diamotaceous earth?

By Brittney from San Diego, CA

Answers:

You should be able to purchase at any large hardware store. I purchased a 3lb. bag at Lowe's for just under $10 with tax. It has lasted for a very long time! I have also seen it available at smaller hardware stores and online. Lawn and garden stores also carry it. It is fairly inexpensive and yet so useful for many things. Please be cautious when purchasing that you don't pay more than necessary. Since bed bugs have become such an issue many companies are selling the DE powder in special packaging advertising for the use of killing bed bugs and charging 3 to 4 times more. Also, be cautious not to get pool grade. The 2 are often sold at the same store on the same shelf. Good luck to you! (10/24/2010)

By Tonimarie1

I would order it online:
http://www.ghorganics.com/DiatomaceousEarth.html

Blessings.

(10/24/2010)

By Robyn Fed

I got my food grade DE from a local store in Austin, TX and this is the contact info. on the bottle of DE. They're out of New Mexico. Perma-Guard.com. 505-243-1460. (10/27/2010)

By slayergrrl

Earthworkshealth.com. 1 800 228 5836. It comes with directions, uses, etc. The price is reasonable and they have fast shipping. They are a concerned for health company. My gallon jug, I think was $9. I had enough to share. I took it myself and found I had worms. There were no symptoms, but I had found that about 75% of our population has worms. Kids can't go through school without pinworms. The eggs are on the doorknobs. What a blessing huh? (10/27/2010)

By muttmom

Animal feed stores carry it along with pet stores that sell higher quality food. I have used it on my dogs and cats for fleas and though messy, it eradicates fleas. (10/27/2010)

By Ms Frugal

Check eBay if you cannot find locally. This is where I buy my supply. (10/28/2010)

By cybergrannie