Product FinderConsumer Advice

Where Can I Buy Gimp Brand Medication for Insect Bites?

A person on this site mentioned Gimp for anti-itch. Where can I get it?

By Elizabeth

Sorry, I don't know about Gimp. I have the perfect stuff for insect bites! My granddaughter got bit by a wasp. She was screaming bloody murder! I put this stuff on and she stopped instantly. It works on all insect bites that I have put it on. I swear by it! It is called, AfterBite, made by Tender Corp. I buy mine at Walgreens and at Walmart. It's about the size of a Tide to go pen that I carry in my purse. It is amazing stuff! Good luck!

Anonymous

G.IM.P originated in Emporia Kansas. It was great antiseptic and anti itch. Also great for healing canker sores. I hAve not been able to find it in many years.

G.I.M.P was invented by a pharmacist in Emporia Kansas and was even used by the New York Jets team. It was great for insect bites, all around anriseptic and especially canker sores. I have not been able to find it in years. I would however by it if I found it. Provided the formula had not changed.:)

Anonymous

Just for fun I Googled GIMP...a mainstay of my childhood in St. Louis. Had no idea it originated in Emporia, KS, my parents' home town. We still have a bottle! It was a great product for cuts, scrapes, etc.

The main ingredient of AfterBite is plain old ammonia. If you fill an empty bottle with NON SUDSY ammonia you'll get the same itch relief.

Hint: contact lens solution comes in just the right size squeeze bottle to use once it is empty.

Link Laboratories Inc

412 W 10th Street

Kansas City, MO 64105

Phone: (816) 221-3562

I've used this for decades (literally), but I understand that the company is no longer going to make it.

I have a little bit i wish they still made it us it for since i was ten years old.