Where Can I Buy Instant or Bread Yeast?

My new bread machine cook book calls for either instant yeast or bread yeast. Can anyone tell me where to find it?

By Kathy C

You can buy the yeast at the grocery store in packets or I have bought it by the pound at the local health food store. Make sure that it's bread yeast when you buy it. You can keep it in a glass jar on the door of your fridge for a year or more.just make sure the glass jar is dry inside when you put the yeast in it. It's much cheaper by the pound and you can always share it. Look on the back of the packet of yeast to see how much it contains and then use the same amount of the by-the-pound yeast.

I buy my yeast by the pound also. I pour it into a plastic container & freeze it. Take out what you need to make your bread & put the remainder back in the freezer.

You can buy bread yeast at any grocery store. Red star or fleishman's iare good good. If you want to buy a large quantity go to costco or even Walmart. Keep it in a jar in the refrigerator but be sure you take out the correct amount and let it come back to room temperature before using it.

Also, a hint for your bread machine, use dough only cycle and then punch it down on a lightly floured board and shape it into rolls or bread. Let rise until doubled and bake in oven. That way you have nicely shaped loaves.

I think almost anywhere. I bought mine at BJ's.

Yeast for Baking
Buying and Using Yeast for Baking
Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking BreadJune 18, 2011
Jar of instant oatmeal.
Homemade Instant Oatmeal Recipes
A yeast free cheese pizza.
No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipes
Carnation Instant Breakfast Recipes
Carnation Instant Breakfast Recipes
No-Knead Yeast Bread
No-Knead Yeast Bread Recipes
🎉
🎄