Whirlpool Ice Maker Not Working

My Whirlpool icemaker keeps freezing up. We have thawed it out twice. It makes ice for about a week, then freezes up again. Any suggestions?

By Char from Irwin, PA

Whirlpool Ice Maker Not Working

Just a thought, I have a Frigidaire side by side I bought 12 years ago. In that first 2 years, I had 12 repairmen in because the ice-maker kept freezing up. Some clearly inexperienced ones would order and replace parts that didn't need it. We finally lucked into a repairman who actually knew what the problem was. It turned out to be a design flaw.

There are air vents across the back blowing frigid air down onto the freezing tray and the water inlet tube. He went out to his truck and brought in a roll of aluminum adhesive tape and covered up the vents on the left that most directly hit the tube. Problem solved and I haven't had any more problems in 12 years. (05/19/2010)

By tsdelvis

RE: Whirlpool Ice Maker Not Working

Whirlpool Ice Maker Not Working
Kenmore Refrigerator's Ice Maker Won't Stop Making Ice
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Whirlpool Ice Maker
Whirlpool Ice Maker Not Working
Ice Maker
Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice