Whirlpool Ice Maker Not Working

My ice maker stopped working on my Whirlpool side by side. How do I check to see whether it's the actual ice maker or the water inlet valve that is not working? Help!

By Dan from GA

March 31, 2011 Flag

My Whirlpool ice maker quit working. The red light is blinking, but I lost the manual and all I know is it's not the filter, that light is green.

By Jennmcinn from Virginia Beach, VA

Answers:

Whirlpool Ice Maker Not Working

On eBay you can get Whirlpool icemakers and/or kits. It is not that difficult to do. Another suggestion is to look for the manual online. I have had good success with getting manuals for different products. Good luck! (10/12/2010)

By Stan

Whirlpool Ice Maker Not Working

Contact the company. You can tell them what you are seeing and perhaps they can assist. Sometimes a perfectly, seemingly working ice maker isn't really working and needs to be replaced. The ice maker often goes out although the fridge is fine. I have bought ice-makers at Lowe's and had a friend do the install. (10/15/2010)

By lindal

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 12, 2010 Flag

My Whirlpool ice maker keeps spinning, but it doesn't make ice.

By Mike from Dallas, TX

Answers:

Whirlpool Ice Maker Not Working

After removing the ice maker, I replaced the front of the ice maker ($22 from Sears parts online), the electrical contact was burnt. (09/13/2010)

By Weedman

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 12, 2010 Flag

Whirlpool Gold side by side ice maker does not get water to make ice. What can I do to fix it?

By Steve from Richmond, VA

Answers:

Whirlpool Ice Maker Not Working

Mine was doing this. The repair man came out and discovered that the water hose at the back of the fridge was not connected tightly and the water was running down the back of the fridge and not into the icemaker. He tightened the hose at the top and it works. (07/30/2010)

By catastrofy

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 25, 2010 Flag

My Whirlpool icemaker keeps freezing up. We have thawed it out twice. It makes ice for about a week, then freezes up again. Any suggestions?

By Char from Irwin, PA

Answers:

Whirlpool Ice Maker Not Working

Just a thought, I have a Frigidaire side by side I bought 12 years ago. In that first 2 years, I had 12 repairmen in because the ice-maker kept freezing up. Some clearly inexperienced ones would order and replace parts that didn't need it. We finally lucked into a repairman who actually knew what the problem was. It turned out to be a design flaw.

There are air vents across the back blowing frigid air down onto the freezing tray and the water inlet tube. He went out to his truck and brought in a roll of aluminum adhesive tape and covered up the vents on the left that most directly hit the tube. Problem solved and I haven't had any more problems in 12 years. (05/19/2010)

By tsdelvis

RE: Whirlpool Ice Maker Not Working

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 19, 2010 Flag

I have a Whirlpool ice maker that doesn't make ice, yet there is water going to the system. Can this be fixed or is replacement the only cure?

By Gene from Charlotte, NC

Answers:

Whirlpool Ice Maker Not Working

Turn off the power. Remove the tubing inside the freezer and defrost, as the water has frozen inside the tubing. There are usually two of them. Make sure you remember how you removed them. If you can't push the ice out, run them under hot water, or use the hair dryer. Replace them, and your ice maker should now make ice cubes. Good luck. (03/22/2010)

By oscar1

Whirlpool Ice Maker Not Working

Just a guess, but perhaps water deposits are clogging the tube? (03/23/2010)

By thriftyfun4lesswork

Whirlpool Ice Maker Not Working

When this happened to my Whirlpool side by side refrigerator it was repaired. There appeared to be a valve that needed to be replaced. It took less than 10 minutes for the repairman to make the repair and cost around $75.00. If it happens again, I'm gonna look up an appliance repair website and try to do it myself. Of course, make sure that the arm is down in the ice cube bin so that ice cubes are being made before you call anyone. (03/25/2010)

By bullfrogcorner

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 22, 2010 Flag

I have a Whirlpool fridge freezer with an ice maker. The water dispenser is not dispensing water and the ice maker dispenser is not dispensing ice.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 15, 2009 Flag

I have a Whirlpool Conquest side by side fridge. The ice maker just quit on me. The water still dispenses from the door. What should I try doing?

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 8, 2008 Flag
Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Kenmore Refrigerator's Ice Maker Won't Stop Making Ice
Refrigerator
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Whirlpool Ice Maker
Whirlpool Ice Maker Not Working
Ice Maker
Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice
🎉
🎄