White Clothing Dyed Blue

I washed a blue shirt with a white shirt, and the white one came out with blue blotches. How can I get it clean?

By lhedgpeth from Seattle, WA

Answers:

White Clothing Dyed Blue

The blue is the dye from the other blue shirt which bled onto the white shirt. It won't have set well, so you should be able to soak it out, or use bleach to bleach out the unwanted color. I just got a blue spot on a red t-shirt with blue trim, but it came out after washing that area carefully several times. Avoid hot water, as that will usually set the blotch of dye. (06/23/2009)

By pamphyila

White Clothing Dyed Blue

I agree with pamphyila. Bleach is the way to go. And stay away from hot water and the dryer, or an iron, because heat tends to set the color or stain in. If bleach won't work, you can go to a drug store or a fabric store where they sell Rit dye and buy Rit's dye remover. This should do the trick.

Simply put the bleach and the laundry soap in to the water before adding the clothes, then after it's agitated and mixed in, add the clothes and agitate a minute or so. Then turn the washer off and leave your clothes to sit about half an hour, then turn the washer back on and wash as usual. (06/23/2009)

By Cyinda

White Clothing Dyed Blue

Go to the super market, and buy a packet of Runaway. Follow instructions. I found that the best. (06/24/2009)

By mizz_rosa01

White Clothing Dyed Blue
sharpie tie dyed tshirt
Making a Sharpie Tie Dyed T-Shirt
Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Growing Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
🎄