White Film on Glasses

How do you get white film off glasses from the dishwasher? It's a new machine and the glasses look foggy.

Linda from Saratoga

Answers:

White Film on Glasses

Try the Mr. Clean sponge, that thing takes off everything. I had a burnt tile in my kitchen that looked like a coffee stain for years. I used every chemical there was to remove it and finally gave up. One day I tried the Mr. Clean sponge and it removed the entire spot. (12/06/2006)

By Anna

White Film on Glasses

The same thing happens with my dishes. I've been told that its because we don't have a water softener. I've tried lots of different things to remedy this, but I find that adding 1 cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle keeps the glasses clear. I also don't have to use jet dry anymore because the vinegar does the trick, so it saves me money too!
(12/07/2006)

By Melanie

White Film on Glasses

Yes, use white vinegar. When you hear the water beginning to fill for the finale rinse quickly, open the door and add 2 cups of white vinegar. It will do a wonderful job for you. Later rinses can probably get by with using 1 cup, but that first one has a bigger job. (12/07/2006)

By Grandma Margie

White Film on Glasses

I have a 15 year old dishwasher that does the white film on glasses every now and then. It's the dishwasher powder you use. Watch certain brands. When I stay away from certain brands of dishwasher powders, my old Whirlpool dishwasher does great. (12/08/2006)

By Glinda

White Film on Glasses

I agree to use vinegar, when our softener is low on salt the dishes get a film on them. Just put some vinegar in a shallow dish and roll the glasses in the vinegar. It will come off right away. I put the used vinegar in an empty bottle under my sink, I have used it over and over many times. (12/08/2006)

By PICO

White Film on Glasses

Vinegar doesn't work for me. I've tried full-strength vinegar on a rag, and then a solution of 1:3 vinegar:water, soaking the glasses. I put the solution in a pitcher, put the glass inside the pitcher, and put some solution inside the glass. I've tried bleach and Soft Scrub. I'm getting ready to toss the glasses. (01/17/2008)

By Robin

White Film on Glasses

I fill my sink with 50% CLR and 50% water. I put all my drinking glasses in there and it takes the white film right off. Then I put them back in my dishwasher to get the CLR off of them. (02/08/2008)

By Susan

White Film on Glasses

I purchased some wine glasses at an auction, half of which had a white film that just would not come off. I tried CLR, Windex, warmed White Vinegar, bathroom cleaners, everything! Finally, just as I had decided that these glasses could not be saved, I noticed my glass cook top cleaner among my cleaning supplies. I applied to both inside and outside of glasses, let it dry to a haze, then polished off with a soft cotton cloth. It worked like a charm! (05/27/2008)

By Dene-Stone Pathway

White Film on Glasses

The answer is glass magic. You can get it at Hy Vee by the dishwasher soap. You pour it in the bottom of the dishwasher before you start it. I have thrown away glass, but when it happened again, I tried this and it worked!
(10/24/2008)

By KRIS

White Film on Glasses

Thank you Dene-Stone Pathway! You gave me the only suggestion I have found that removes the film on my glassware. The glass cook top cleaner works like a charm. The glasses look like new! Thanks! (01/25/2009)

By Betty

White Film on Dishes
Removing White Film From Dishes
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Film Canister
Uses for Film Canisters
Apple shaped and stemmed glass dishes after cleaning.
Removing Cloudy Film on Glass
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
🎉
🎄