White Heat Marks on Wood Table

How do you remove white heat marks from a mahogany table?

Lynne from England

Answers:

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

Tried Heloise's suggestion of toothpaste and baking soda (didn't work) and tried hairdryer (didn't work). Tried the hot iron with steam blast. Had immediate success...amazing! (08/04/2008)

By Sharon

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

The best thing for this is the steam iron. All you have to do is hover it over the mark. It's magic. Then just wipe it over with wood polish. (08/05/2008)

By me

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

I tried hovering my iron over my white marks and then pushing the steam button. It not only didn't work, but now I have a white mark on my wood that is the shape of the bottom of my steam iron! Perhaps I hovered the iron too close? I held the iron about 1/4-1/2 inch above the spot. If you try this, try holding the iron higher up!

(b)Editor's Note:(/b) I don't believe you use the iron with steam, the steam is usually what causes the white mark in the first place. Try using a hair dryer or a dry iron.

(08/06/2008)

By Guest

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

Last night my husband brought in corn on the cob from the grill and placed it on a paper bag on top our antique oak pub table. When we cleared the table, we noticed white marks in the shape of corn! My husband was beside himself with grief and felt horrible. I searched the internet this morning for a way to treat the stain and am so glad I found this post. This trick WORKS! I just ironed a plain white t-shirt over the stain (didn't even use the steam button) and after a few passes (didn't leave the iron in one spot for more than a few seconds), the stain is gone. I polished it with pledge and the table looks like it did before last night's dinner. Thank you! (08/12/2008)

By Kate in CT

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

Yahoo! The hot iron on a white tee really worked. Did not use steam though. Thanks for the tip. (08/14/2008)

By Suzie.