White Heat Marks on Wood Table

Does anyone know how to get white heat marks off a wood table? I've tried mayonnaise- let it sit and rubbed it in a bit. My Grandmother told me to try a product called liquid gold, but I can 't find it anywhere.

Any ideas?

Emain

Answers:
Liquid Gold 03/07/2005
Liquid Gold smells wonderful and brings back memories of my house when I was young. My mom used it a lot. Luckily, I found it again. And of all places... in the Dollar General store. Try there. I have not seen it any where else. I hope it works on your table marks. Good Luck!
By pcs3r1
Krazy Kloth 03/07/2005
Try the Krazy Kloth sold at Bed, Bath and Beyond and Linens N Things. It is an oil-filled black cloth that lasts forever. You rub it on the white spot and miraculously it dissapears! It also has a jillion other uses, listed on the package. I swear by it.
By Mary (Guest Post)
Toothpaste 03/09/2005
Try tooth paste, it worked for me when my grandaughter who left a wet wash rag on my dresser.
By burntofferings
Scott's Liquid Gold 03/14/2005
Our local Ace Hardware store carries Scott's Liquid Gold. This is a great product for wood furniture!
By badwater
Mayo and Ashes 03/14/2005
You've got half of the answer! Rub a glob of mayonnaise on the heat mark, then sprinkle with ashes -- cigarette ashes, or wood ashes from a fireplace. The ashes and mayo should be like a gross, thick paste. Let it sit for a few minutes, then rub it into the wood really well with a soft cloth. You may have to apply more than once to completely eliminate the mark.

I have no clue how or why this works, but I have used it in the past with great success!

By Becki in Indiana (Guest Post)
Salad Oil 02/12/2006
I bought my last bottle of Liquid Gold a couple of years ago, but just wanted you to know that I've been told by several that it is very toxic with no known antidote. Can't verify that, but post the warning just in case. I saw on the net that a thin paste of salad oil and salt, let sit for an hour or two and polish. I'm just going to try it now.
By Marilyn (Guest Post)
Toothpaste 02/12/2006
I tried the salad oil and salt to no avail, 'tho I didn't leave it to sit. Instead used toothpaste and a little camphorated chalk and it worked beautifully. I then put on a product called "Trade Secrets" which is an oil based "scratch cover" for light furniture . . . my table is Canadiana Pine. Looks like new now. You can buy it in Canada at any Home Hardware Store. P.S. Love your site!
By Marilyn (Guest Post)
Briwax and a Hair Dryer 02/27/2006
I tried heating a white heat mark on pine with hair dryer and rubbing in Briwax (furniture wax) at the same time. Worked perfectly - white heat mark completely disappeared.
By J Clunie (Guest Post)