Whiter Whites - Tips For Washing White Clothing

What can I use in place of bleach for whitening whites?

Brian from St. Petersburg, FL

Answers:

Request: Whiter Whites - Tips For Washing White Clothing

Tips for washing white clothing. Post your ideas.

Answers:

Bluing

My mom used to use a product called Bluing for laundry. Do they even still have this? It worked great! (01/15/2007)

By lazisuzi

OxyClean Alternative

I like OxyClean, but it's expensive so I tried a product put out by Sun detergent that is also an oxygen cleaner. Seems to work pretty well. We have extremely hard water so I know how hard it is to get whites really white! (01/15/2007)

By Robin

Iron Out

I have lots of iron in my well water. If I use bleach, my whites turn orange. So I buy a product called Iron Out at Walmart. It is a powder sold in 2 sizes. The large size is much more economical and is 5 pounds in a plastic jug for about $10.00. It is great for whites, but has a warning about using on colors. I also use it to clean the iron sediment from the toilet tank and bowl, and prefer it to any of the toilet bowl cleaners I have tried. Other uses are also listed on the jug. (01/15/2007)

By Harlean from Arkansas

Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree sells an "oyx-clean" product made by Awesome and it IS awesome and only $1. (01/17/2007)

By Grandma Margie

Oxygen Cleaning Ingredients

Use a powder specifically for bleaching nappies white, or find one that has 'oxygen' cleaning ingredients. You mix a small amount of powder in water, and soak the item, then was the normal way. They're awesome! (01/19/2007)

By Cathy

White t-shirts hanging on a clothesline.
Getting Your Whites Really White
Stack of white linens with a white flower resting on top
Cleaning Whites Without Bleach
Beating Egg Whites
Tips for Beating Egg Whites
Bluing
Using Bluing
Distressed woman looking at white towel in laundry room
Whites Aren't White After Washing
🎉
🎄