Who will take my wire hangers?

My son worked for over a year at a shop that supplied uniforms from a service. Now I have literally thousands of wire hangers. I am in the process of moving and need to find someone who need/wants wire hangers. Any suggestions?

Who will take my wire hangers?

Your coat hangers might come in handy at a church thrift store, also maybe Salvation Army, Volunteers of America, or any organization like that. (01/26/2001)

By wycamanda

Who will take my wire hangers?

1. You could use in a garage sale.
  2. Possibly eBay or another site like that. I am always looking for hangers.
  3. Day-cares or local schools for projects.
  4. Check with your neighbors, and friends.
  5. Charities, like churches, Salvation Army, Goodwill, etc.
  6. See if any dry-cleaner or laundromats in your area want them, or will buy them.
  7. My husband is always using them, cut up in pieces, to poke holes in, tie or hold things together, etc.
  8. Take one, pull down at the center till it is fairly straight, make a hook at the end. Great for hats, etc.
  9. Use to hang ties.
  10. Use to hang scarfs.
  11. Use to hang belts.
  12. Use like #8 and hang a bird-feeder, or birdhouse off of a limb in your tree.
  13. Unwrap one and use to get objects out from behind or under the stove, refrigerator, washer, etc.
  14. Just use your imagination. (01/26/2001)

Who will take my wire hangers?

In addition to all the great suggestions that you have received so far, I can think of a few more. Retirement homes and hospitals are usually in need of hangers for their patients/residents, also most shelters could really use hangers for their residents. (01/29/2001)

By cyn5200

Who will take my wire hangers?

Donate your wire hangers to any dry-cleaners. I also collect safety pins and take them back when I've amassed a lot of them. (02/01/2001)

By K.B. from Philadelphia, PA

Who will take my wire hangers?

You could see if there's a women's shelter near to you and ask them if they want some. A lot of women (yes, and men, too) walk out with nothing and have to start again from scratch. I donated a bed to my local shelter a couple of years back. It's good to know your old stuff is going to a good home. (08/13/2004)

By Chickybiker

Who will take my wire hangers?

Forget the Salvation Army and Goodwill - they only want plastic hangers. (11/21/2007)

By Jamie

Who will take my wire hangers?

You can try adding them to the following website.
It's a wire hanger have/need match-up website. (12/05/2008)

By Kathleen

Pile of wire hangers on cement background
Donating Wire Hangers
Sweater Covered Hanger
Making Covered Hangers
Making a Clothes Hanger Wire Organizer
Making a Clothes Hanger Wire Organizer
Wire Coat Hanger on White Background
Uses for Wire Hangers
Wire Hanger
Crafts Using Wire Hangers