Wild Blue Internet Service Reviews

I'm looking for high speed internet. I would like to know if anyone has Wild Blue Internet and if it is any good. I don't have a lot of money to play with, so I would like to do it right the first time. Can anyone help me ? Thank you.

By B K from Farmington, MO

Answers:

Wild Blue Internet Service Reviews

It was terrible and I'd never go back to it again. The installer was pleasant enough, but they didn't seal the bolts holding the dish to the roof, so there were leaks. The way they laid the cable over the roof caused huge icicles to form where the water followed it down the roof.

We live in a rural area and only receive a couple TV channels. Tornadoes and severe weather are a concern here, but we are not able to hear storm sirens. We had hoped to be able to rely on our Wild Blue service to stay on top of the weather, but the service was down more than it was up. During particularly rainy and stormy weeks, we might not have service for days.

One positive note, when we called to cancel (a year early in our 2 year contract), they willingly canceled our service without a penalty (after we gave them our litany of complaints). Thankfully a WISP became available in our area. We're going on 2 years and the service has not gone down once and the price is comparable. (05/28/2009)

By knitwhit

Wild Blue Internet Service Reviews

We live in the country and don't have cable available, so I decided to try Wild Blue, since I was tired of using the dial up for the internet. I've been with them for over a year, and can say they're not much faster than the dial up, except for downloading, which is faster. If a heavy rain comes through, it won't work either. I pay $50 a month, and will stay with them until cable comes through. No problems with the installation like the other lady, guess it depends on who they send out. (05/28/2009)

By noriemong

Wild Blue Internet Service Reviews

Wildblue is intended as an alternative to dial up. It's speed is 10-15x's faster than Dial Up.
Speeds range between 512kbs-1.5megs. It is not recommended for:

1. Downloading movies
  2. Online Gaming
  3. Connecting to a VPN

If you have dial up this is faster. If you are slowed down, you are slowed to dial up speed
If that is unbearable ( dial up speed ) that is why you signed up for the provider in the first place.
Be aware of your download usage there is a Google add-on for that. (08/04/2009)

By Ronnie1776

Concept photo of laptop monitor with program icons coming out of it.
Wild Blue Internet Service Reviews
Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Growing Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Internet Service Provider
Internet Service Provider Reviews
An upclose photo of a laptop keyboard.
Saving Money on Your Internet Bill
A grandma smiling while using her tablet computer.
Computer and Internet Training for Senior Citizens
🎉
🎄