Wildlife: Backyard Birds

I love to take photos of birds, and I am learning their habits, bird calls and so on. When I watch birds, it has a great calming effect, very good therapy when I need to unwind at the end of the day, or in the morning. I like to drink my morning tea in their company.

By Leigh

ChimQuaDep400x263

Wildlife: Backyard Birds

Wildlife: Backyard Birds

Wildlife: Backyard Birds

Wildlife: Backyard Birds

Wildlife: Backyard Birds

Answers:

Wildlife: Backyard Birds

Beautiful. We also watch birds, but don't have quite the variety that you do. We've also moved into butterflies and have planted several things to help attract them. Here's a good list: http://www.oldhouseweb.com/gardening/Detailed/817.shtml

(09/10/2010)

By Allison5

Wildlife: Backyard Birds

Three photos didn't post, maybe Thriftyfun will be able to fix the problem.
By the way, beautiful photos! (09/10/2010)

By MCW

Wildlife: Backyard Birds

Oh my goodness! What gorgeous photos! I loved every one of them and enjoyed all the different kinds of birds. That little yellow one upside down cracks me up! And the serenity of the fat one on the branch is beautiful. Thank you for sharing. You should frame these photos or make them into a calendar or blank cards to give as gifts. People would love them! Oh, and the five in the pine tree I have to comment on, reminds me of a family gathering, perfect shot! (09/12/2010)

By PainterLee

Wildlife: Backyard Birds

I love to feed and water birds, and laugh over their antics as well! since moving in, most all my neighbors have joined me! One neighbor visits every afternoon with me, and she calls it "bird heaven!" I have the finch socks and feeders out the front window, on shepherds hooks, and a bird bath near the butterfly bush they love to land on which is by their feeders!

Many times will have 40 finches here at one time! Also have hummingbird feeders out the front, and plant flowers for them to enjoy as well! Going to go outside this evening, I had 4 beautiful doves on my fence! The migrating birds really bring a variety through my area and I just delight in seeing all of them as well! I made a dripper out of a plastic milk jug; fusion painted it green; place it in a "fork" above the birdbath and love to listen to the "drip" of it as well! (09/24/2010)

By MzScarlett

Closeup of dove.
Backyard Birds
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
Koi swimming in a pond.
Protecting Pond Fish From Birds
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife
Garden Pond
Building a Garden Pond
🎉
🎄