Wildlife: Backyard Visitors

This is what I see daily while sitting in my backyard. Enjoy! God is so good, all the time!

By David A. from Ellsworth, ME Back Yard Bird2 Blue Jay Back Yard Squirrel2 Hummingbird

Back Yard Squirrel1

Beautiful photography of wildlife. I thoroughly enjoyed the up close and personal view. Thanks for sharing. I posted to my fb wall. Too good to pass by.

Having raised 6 baby squirrels over my lifetime, I can promise you that there is no animal smarter, cuter or more precious than a squirrel. They are such playful little fellas all the time. When raised from tiny babies, they become as attached to their human mamas as any other baby animal raised by one of us. They are absolute clowns and when you see them doing things in the wild, you're only seeing a tiny bit of what they're like as family pets.

Eventually, we sent every one we raised back to the wild, but it took some time. They really didn't want to go.

When I'm watching any kind of wildlife, I can almost feel what it'd be like to take care of them from the time they are just tiny babies, and that feeling adds so much to the way I see them struggling against progress and the next big building complex I see going up on what was their land...their homes.

It's nice to see anyone who is helping to replace what the wildlife has lost. Just feeding and supplying fresh clean water for them is all that is keeping so many from being lost. There are fewer and fewer places for them to

go. They are not the intruders, we are.

Your photos are wonderful, and we truly enjoyed seeing them. Thank you so much.

Pookarina / Julia

These are awesome nature pics! I love them

Thank you everyone. We take care of all of the animals, you can see more of my photos at pbase.com/davidarthur where I have many galleries of different animals. We feed them all, from the birds to the wild cats to the foxes to the raccoons, hawks, vultures, coyotes, etc. Deer, bear, moose and more will hopefully be coming to feed this feed.

Amen! I marvel at the beauty that surrounds us! Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Backyard Visitors
Wildlife: Backyard Visitors
Photos WildlifeMay 19, 2011
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
A glass hummingbird feeder.
Making a Hummingbird Feeder
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife
Pond Fish
Protecting Pond Fish From Wildlife