Wildlife: Blue Heron (WA)

I was sitting on my patio and looking through the trees this afternoon and saw a heron land on top of a huge Ponderosa Pine tree hundreds of yards away. Well, I kept watching and thinking I should go inside and get my camera and yet I was thinking that by the time I got back outside, the heron would be gone.

I am so glad I decided to go ahead and grab the camera and I am so thankful for a really good zoom because that tree is a few hundred feet away, and who knows how many feet tall, and the wind was blowing which was making the Cherry tree branches that are closer get in the way of the view but I just kept shooting and was Blessed with this shot :-)

By Deeli

Wildlife: Blue Heron (WA)

Wildlife: Blue Heron (WA)

Answers:

Wildlife: Blue Heron (WA)

Absolutely beautiful, thank you so much for this. (05/05/2010)

By Leah from Queensland, Australia

Wildlife: Blue Heron (WA)

I am so glad you took a picture of your bird. I live over here on the Yakima river just west of the Columbia and we have a lot of bird people over here. I think your bird is a Great Blue Heron. Good picture, and keep watching the birds. It's a lot of fun and there are so many kinds in our area. Great Hobby. (05/05/2010)

By ninya61

Wildlife: Blue Heron (WA)

At any rate, it was a lovely lucky moment to capture this cool photo of a "Heron" on the top of an incredibly tall Ponderosa Pine, which is 'hundreds' of feet away, with the leaves of other trees swaying in the wind blocking the view of the bird.

By Deeli

Wildlife: Blue Heron (WA)

Deeli, kudos for your grace and humor and thanks for sharing your spectacular picture. (05/11/2010)

By JustPlainJo

Wildlife: Blue Heron (WA)

Hahaha Deeli, with all the birds in the air or on foot, YOU are a winner, no matter what the name. Great camera you have and study aim. HUGS & Love (05/20/2010)

By Great Granny Vi

Wildlife: Blue Heron
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Growing Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife
Pond Fish
Protecting Pond Fish From Wildlife
🎉
🎄