Wildlife: Dragonflies

I was checking my raspberries last summer and noticed this dragonfly resting on one of the bushes. It was so still I thought it had died but decided to run, get my camera, and take the picture anyway. After taking this picture it flew away! I love how the leaves of my raspberry bush show through the transparent wings of this dragonfly!

By Jackie

Wildlife: Dragonflies

Wildlife: Dragonflies

Great photo! I've tried capturing good photos of dragonflies to no avail. So, I can definitely appreciate the beauty of this one. ;-) (06/02/2010)

By Deeli

Wildlife: Dragonflies

Jackie, thank you for the mental pic you just gave me to match the visual of the photo itself. Your description was so vivid, even a blind chick like me can enjoy it. :D (06/04/2010)

By JustPlainJo

Wildlife: Dragonflies

I just marvel God's creations. I'm glad you do too! The transparent wings are amazing. Thanks for sharing this. (06/08/2010)

By PainterLee

Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
Raccoon looking for goodies in a waste bin
Protecting Wildlife from Your Garbage
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife
Pond Fish
Protecting Pond Fish From Wildlife