Wildlife: Grand Heron

Wildlife: Grand Heron

Hi everyone. Just wanted to share a picture with you. This is a Grand Heron he was so close, incredible! He seem to like posing for me. I got about 400 pictures of him. Hope you enjoy. Good day all

By Ginette from Gatineau, QC

Answers:

Wildlife: Grand Heron

That's a beautiful picture. Thanks for sharing. (05/05/2009)

By mulberry204

Wildlife: Grand Heron

Don't you love the feathers trailing off the back of his head? Looks so cool! Nice shot! (05/05/2009)

By kimhis

Wildlife: Grand Heron

Ginette, this is a gorgeous picture of a elegant great blue heron. They are an absolutely magnificent bird. I live beside the Weiser River in the west central mountains of Idaho so we're in a flyway and see many varieties of birds, but these are certainly one of the most eye-catching. A few years ago, I had the privilege of helping rescue one on our property that had gotten completely entangled in fishing line which someone had carelessly left somewhere along the river so I got to actually hold him in the process of freeing him. Their feathers are unbelievably colorful, and they are actually much larger up close than most people realize. It was a neat experience which your picture brought back to mind vividly. Thanks for sharing... (05/05/2009)

By BrendaSue

Wildlife: Blue Heron
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
Raccoon looking for goodies in a waste bin
Protecting Wildlife from Your Garbage
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife
Pond Fish
Protecting Pond Fish From Wildlife
🎉
🎄