Hummingbirds

On a warm day this summer I snapped this picture of a humming bird resting on top of the American flag hanging from my front porch. Maybe he was pretending to be an eagle?

By Judy

Wildlife: Hummingbirds

Priceless! (10/07/2010)

By Allison5

Wildlife: Hummingbirds

It's hard to tell in these photos, Leigh, but if it's back, head and/or backside of wing feathers are really colorful then it's the male. For almost all species of birds the males are the more colorful and the females are fairly plain. As for aggressive/defensive behavior, females are as much, if not more so, than males ;-) Nice photos! (10/10/2010)

By Deeli

Wildlife: Hummingbirds

Thank you for your lovely photos. The hummers left Columbia, MO already so I miss them so much. I usually say bye to them and I was sick so did not get to say bye. They are thirsty noisy fiesty, lil' birdies and gorgeous. Gives me something to look forward to during, the snowy months ahead. (10/10/2010)

By meoowmom

Wildlife: Hummingbirds

Sounds exactly like my backyard! They always pick a bare branch to sit on and the minute another birds comes to land on that feeder, SWOOP! It's like hummingbird "Top Gun" out there and they're zooming right past your head if you're out there. It's a riot! The hummers by me left about two weeks ago. I will miss them. Safe journey to the little guys and girls. (10/11/2010)

By Mary Moo

Wildlife: Hummingbirds

I say the little guy was dreaming great dreams. :D (11/07/2010)

By JustPlainJo

Hummingbird feeding at lavender
Hummingbird Photos
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
Rufus - Ruby-throated  Hummingbird
Ruby Throated Hummingbird Photos
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife
Pond Fish
Protecting Pond Fish From Wildlife
🎄