Wildlife: Raccoons

Wildlife: Raccoons

WANTED FOR QUESTIONING! Believed to be the leader of the a roving fruit thief gang operating in the Belroi section of Gloucester County. Highly intelligent and disarmingly cute, this gang is destructive and greedy. Be alert - they will strip an orchard in one night - even during a violent storm!

By chickweed from Middle Peninsula, VA

Answers:

Wildlife: Raccoons

How cute! Thanks for posting. I think his cousins are operating in NW Louisiana! (08/24/2009)

By fatboyslimsmom

Wildlife: Raccoons

What a great description and photo of a mask wearing bandit ;-) (08/26/2009)

By Deeli

Wildlife: Raccoons

It is hard to be mad at something so cute, isn't it? (08/26/2009)

By Lynn

Wildlife: Raccoons

I have heard that mothballs hanging around the area will deter most of these bandits but never tried it. We have deer here where I live and they help keep things trimmed and tidy lol They are even out during the daytime and are not spooked by humans. They recently ate a whole row of jalapeno, peppers and all. They are problem headed your way looking for some milk! (08/26/2009)

By wolfbytez

Wildlife: Raccoons

And his second cousins are operating in Winnipeg, Canada! Such a cute picture! (08/26/2009)

By catastrofy

Wildlife: Raccoons

I live in southern California and last year we had four raccoons enter our backyard. At first, I noticed a tear in the lawn and thought oh, how cute. Well, the next night an entire section of lawn was rolled up and the cuteness turned into plain old destructiveness. We have a cage and I placed a can of cat food or you can use tuna fish inside the cage, toward the back. Once the animal enters the cage, the door closes and they are trapped. We caught them one by one and released them, unharmed, back to the wild. Raccoons are very destructive, they crawled into a neighbor's attic and caused $10,000 worth of damage. So, be careful. (08/28/2009)

By gardener10

Wildlife: Raccoons

He is a cute little bugger isn't he? We have raccoons around here. That raccoon looks like he is just sampling the goods. Caught in the act. (08/30/2009)

By meoowmom

Wildlife: Raccoons

I would be in love if I didn't have snarling raccoons outside my bedroom window at night. (09/08/2009)

By tennesue