Wildlife: Raccoons

Wildlife: Raccoons

This raccoon mom and her kids visit at dark to eat my grapes.

By Sharon from Nova Scotia, Canada

Answers:

Wildlife: Raccoons

Dang they're cute! I might not think they're so cute if they were eating my grapes, but since we don't see them in our neighborhood, they're cute (from afar!). (11/20/2009)

By mrs.story

Wildlife: Raccoons

Spray the vines with hot pepper sauce. Critters don't like it. If that doesn't work, tie bags around the grapes. I did this with my peaches, good luck. (11/20/2009)

By kffrmw88

Wildlife: Raccoons

They are adorable, Sharon! I love it that you don't mind them eating your grapes and that they are comfortable enough to be near you for you to take such a great photo! (11/20/2009)

By Deeli

Wildlife: Raccoons

I think God made them so cute so that it would be harder to get mad at them! (11/21/2009)

By Beth

Wildlife: Raccoons

That is an awesome photo! It looks like they paused in the midst of a meal to pose for a picture! Cute! (11/21/2009)

By wdyjsu

Wildlife: Raccoons

I love to see the little bandits in action unless they are fighting and hurting one of my dogs. LOL so cute. Great pic! (11/21/2009)

By Robyn Fed

Wildlife: Raccoons

Nancy in Lr Sackville, thanks for comment. They are darling! Use to live in Sackville, too! (11/22/2009)

By Shyun Shun

Wildlife: Raccoons

Well those little bandits sure did mug for the camera! I have some here in Missouri that come out and the young ones are so cute. I know they can be a problem to some but here I just toss them scraps near the trees in the winter months. They have not bothered my dog and do not like it when he barks at them, they run and hide in the woods. (11/22/2009)

By meoowmom

Wildlife: Raccoons

I have this book "1001 All-Natural Secrets to a Pest-Free Property" by Dr. Myles H. Bader. Excellent book. He says, "Raccoons do not like to be around dogs. Get the clippings from your local dog groomer. Spread the hair around when you have problems and you will never see another raccoon or rabbit." Hope this helps and try to get the book. (11/28/2009)

By sabrinadog

Wildlife: Raccoons
Wildlife: Raccoons
Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
Two raccoons find a cooler at a campsite.
Keeping Raccoons Out of a Campsite
Raccoon sitting in the garden near a flower pot.
Keeping Raccoons Out of Your Garden
curious young raccoon
Coexisting with Raccoons
🎉
🎄