Wildlife: Raccoons

We were near a stream in the nearby Great Smoky Mountains National Park when we noticed this raccoon. We were very quiet so we would not disturb his hand washing. Can't have a dirty raccoon, can we?

By Catherine

Wildlife: Raccoons

Wildlife: Raccoons

What a great picture! Thank you for sharing. (06/03/2010)

By Joankay

Wildlife: Raccoons

I am an Australian, and we don't have raccoons here. When I visited my brother in Canada five years ago, I was delighted to see two of them in a small park in Toronto. When I went to the bed and breakfast where I was staying, I excitedly told the owner I had seen raccoons. She said "They are vermin!" How deflating, and Phooey to her! I loved seeing them, and the other Canadian wild life.

By witchwood

Wildlife: Raccoons
Wildlife: Raccoons
Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
Two raccoons find a cooler at a campsite.
Keeping Raccoons Out of a Campsite
Raccoon sitting in the garden near a flower pot.
Keeping Raccoons Out of Your Garden
curious young raccoon
Coexisting with Raccoons