Wildlife: Sandhill Crane

This is a baby Sand Hill Crane. I saw it out my window when my grandson Zack said "big bird, big bird!" We saw the mother crane on the other side of the fence and this baby trying to get to her. We finally did have to chase it down to a place where PaPa took a fence slat off so it could get through.

By Vicki

Wildlife: Sandhill Crane

Wildlife: Sandhill Crane

Poor little thing. Glad you were there to help.

By Marg from England

Wildlife: Sandhill Crane

Vicki, that was so good of you to help that baby crane. Poor things have a difficult enough time finding places to breed and raise their young, so often they just have to do it among us humans. Not everyone is as nice as you are which is a real pity. Thank you for sharing with us. I'm so glad you were there..

By PookaRina

Wildlife: Sandhill Crane

That is so cute! Great pic! (07/18/2010)

By Laniegirl

Wildlife: Sandhill Crane

That's a great picture, made me smile! Glad you were able to help that poor baby and it's mama - thanks for sharing! (07/18/2010)

By lyonpridej

Wildlife: Sandhill Crane
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
Raccoon looking for goodies in a waste bin
Protecting Wildlife from Your Garbage
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife
Pond Fish
Protecting Pond Fish From Wildlife