Wildlife: Sandhill Crane

These two creatures are beautiful, elegant and they mate for life. Often they come by to look for lizards which they are abundant in the area. Soon they will have their baby chicks.

By Willie Q

Wildlife: Sandhill Crane

Answers:

Wildlife: Sandhill Crane

I love your photo! Would be so neat to look outside and see these beautiful birds. Thanks for sharing (08/10/2010)

By meme23

Wildlife: Sandhill Crane

Beautiful! Where do you live that you get them in the summer? There are a lot of sandhill cranes that winter here in NM, and they come into our neighborhood looking for handouts. Many of the neighbors, including me, feed them whole corn. They're used to me, so they come really close (I could touch them, but I won't). Our grandson loves to ride in my backpack and be up close to them. He holds a little can of corn in his hands (to keep him from getting too excited and waving). (08/10/2010)

By DottieNM

Wildlife: Sandhill Crane

This is my favorite picture in a long time, my reason is that rather than the usual National Geographic (which I love) picture of flocks rising over the Nebraska plains or whatever here you have Sandhill Cranes in what appears to be a Real Live Neighborhood, I will admit that I get excited about small things. East Tennessee doesn't run to sandhill cranes, but we do have deer in the neighborhood. (08/10/2010)

By tennesue

Wildlife: Sandhill Crane
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
Raccoon looking for goodies in a waste bin
Protecting Wildlife from Your Garbage
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife
Pond Fish
Protecting Pond Fish From Wildlife
🎉
🎄