Wildlife: Woodpecker

This is one of the woodpeckers that comes to our birdfeeder. Being a regular we named him Floyd. He loves the suet and will not touch normal bird seed. He will stare at me through the window if the feeder is out of suet until I replace it.

By Myst

Wildlife: Woodpecker

Answers:

Wildlife: Woodpecker

Wow that is so beautiful. Good luck.(10/19/2010)

By maphisx7

Wildlife: Woodpecker

What a great picture! I live in an area where we see a lot of migrating birds; and woodpeckers are some of them! They are such great variety and colors; I have always loved seeing them, and am amazed at their versatility. I got a huge woodpecker "log" type food for them from my grange for only $6.99; it has to have at least 3 lbs or more of various seeds and suet for them. I had it in my tree and a few got to it, but I hung it on my fence to make it easier for them to find and to see them better!

What fun it is indeed to feed the various birds! My neighbor and I were out today for about 90 minutes just enjoying seeing the various and variety of birds as they came to eat. She comes over almost every afternoon and said I never imagined that I would ever be bird watching! It is so much fun! I laughed and told her: free to! Free entertainment! And so stress free and relaxing! (10/19/2010)

By MzScarlett

Wildlife: Woodpecker

Just love the photo, God's animals all have different personalities (I think) and it seems that your Floyd knows that you are a keeper in his book and I am sure that he is in yours too! Thanks for sharing! (11/25/2010)

By Paula Jo Carr

Woodpecker on swing birdfeeder.
Wildlife: Woodpecker
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
Raccoon looking for goodies in a waste bin
Protecting Wildlife from Your Garbage
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife
Pond Fish
Protecting Pond Fish From Wildlife
🎉
🎄