Windex as a Stain Remover

To safely remove spots from a rug or carpet, spray it with a small amount of Windex and then scrub it with a stiff scrub brush. It takes the stain right out and dries quickly. I have tried this on several spots and they came right out.

By Pam from Ft. Mitchell, KY

Windex as a Stain Remover

I use the Windex with vinegar (no ammonia) and it works very well for a quick clean up on most stains! (11/07/2007)

By camo_angels

Windex as a Stain Remover

Be careful, I had a contractor use Windex to remove some little drops of sewer water that had dropped on to my carpet. All it did was spread the dirt around and left a blue/green stain that was much bigger than the original spot! Unfortunately I didn't see the above info until later, he used the Windex with ammonia, which I guess is a no-no. Now I have to google around for how to get Windex stains out of carpet :-) (03/15/2009)

By paulie569

Windex as a Stain Remover
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
A wood table.
Fixing a Wood Table With a Nail Polish Remover Stain
Homemade Varnish Remover, Up close photo of varnished wood.
Homemade Varnish Remover
Laundry supplies.
Homemade Stain Remover Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 20, 2016 at 6:28:08 PM on in 881 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.