Window Treatment Advice

Window treatments are an integral part of decorating a room. They also are chosen functionally based on the exposure and size of the windows. This is a guide about window treatment advice.

Color Coordinated Curtains in Modern Home

Choosing just the right color curtains can complete the overall color scheme of your room. This guide contains curtain color advice.

Read More... Was this helpful? 3

I saw an interesting window treatment the other day. A computer shop had used CDs to cover a window; overlapping two layers, to create a sort of round pane effect.

French doors with sheer window curtains.

Finding just the right window coverings for you french doors will help to create the look you are trying to achieve on these rather formal doors. This is a guide about window coverings for french doors.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Burgundy Carpet

When installing new curtains in a room with burgundy carpet, it is important to match the color well. to tie the room together. This is a guide about curtain color for burgundy carpet.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Purple curtains in a bedroom.

Choosing a complementary or even contrasting color for your bedroom curtains can help achieve the overall color scheme you are seeking. This is a guide about bedroom curtain color advice.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Arched Window

This is a guide about making a curtain for an arched window. Making a curtain for an arched window is not as difficult as it may seem.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Kitchen Window Treatment

This is a guide about kitchen window treatment color advice. Choosing window treatment colors for your kitchen can be done to coordinate or contrast with the existing color scheme.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Easy Window Shade 1

This guide contains easy window treatments. Whether it's for privacy or shade, there are many ways to cover your windows.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Frugal Window Treatment

This guide is about frugal window curtains. Purchasing drapes, window curtains, or coverings can be expensive.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I need help in figuring out window treatments for my formal living area windows. I need privacy and want to dress it up at the same time. There are two French doors and two windows.

Laks

Best Answer

I suggest using plain waxed paper in a 50ft roll that you find with the tin foil, plastic wrap etc. in the grocery store . It can not be seen through but the light still comes in through it.

I have used/done that very thing on our front door and kitchen windows. Waxed paper is very easy to cut to size and then tape in place PLUS a person can not see through it from either direction (the inside or the outside).

Very cheap and cost effective - keeps the direct sun light out so the room stays cooler saving on the electric bill and stops the fading of carpets or furniture from the sun shining in on it every day.

Any window treatment ideas for sliding doors besides the usual vertical blinds? I have a sliding door in my living room and in my bedroom that both go out to a terrace. Thanks for any ideas.

By Georgie6 from Queens, NY

Read 6 Answers

I need help decorating my small living room. I have two colors on my wall. The top portion is cream and the bottom half is sage green. My furniture is black leather and my floors are dark frown hardwood. Please give my suggestions on what color to use for window treatments as well as accessories. Thanks for any help.

Tammy from North Carolina

Read 4 Answers

We have a two story split foyer Colonial house. Would it look odd from the street if I have plantation shutters in two windows on the front of my house in the living room, and curtains on two windows in another room that's also located on the front of the house? The upstairs front windows would have curtains as well.

By carla from Greensboro, NC

Read 3 Answers

I have blinds on my window. Would you put a sheer scarf valance or drapes?

Read 2 Answers

Can I have wood blinds on 3 windows in the same room with white pleated sheers on a sliding glass patio door? The blinds are definitely wood so they are brown. If not, then the sheers will go because I love the functionally of the blinds. That being the case I don't know what to put on that sliding glass door. Also I don't intend to put curtains over the blinds in order to tie to two together. Thanks

By weinerdog41 from Ft. Worth, TX

Read 2 Answers

I live in a 1st floor apartment with windows an 3 sides of my living room. I would like to be able to sit on my couch at night watching TV or reading and still be able to glance out the window, but not have people walking by on the street able to see in. I also would like to be able to leave the bedroom blind open at night and not feel people are "peeping". What type of product do I need to be able to see out, but will keep people from seeing in? Something that is removable and leaves no stickiness, preferably.

By Gayle from Rochester, NY

Read 2 Answers

I have this bay window in my living room/computer room and I would like to put up some other type of window treatment other than curtains, what do you all suggest that would be a good change.
I appreciate anything you all can share with me.

Teresa from Va.

Read 2 Answers

What do you suggest I install on my sliding glass door other than the old vertical blinds. The sliding glass door and surrounding glass is 144 inches wide (wider than average). We are constantly going in and out that door to the sun room. Sun/heat and privacy are not an issue. Also, in the same room are 3 fairly large windows for which I'm leaning toward faux blinds. So whatever is on the sliding glass door has to coordinate with those 3 windows.

The previous owner installed pleated drapes with pleated sheers underneath on the door as well as the windows. I've taken down the drapes; I don't mind the sheers, but hate the look of the pleats. I could put a cornice board to cover the pleats, but then I'd need another cornice board above the 3 windows. I think that's probably more than I'd want to spend. Any recommendations?

By weinerdog41 from Ft. Worth, TX

Read 1 Answer

We just bought a new house and I am not much of a decorator. I need some help on what's best to put on these windows, in the kitchen and the living area. We will get a brown living room set and a brown dining room set as shown. Thank you.

I am in need of instructions for making a sunburst window treatment to fit into an arched window top. I know it's gathered around the half circle of the arch and in the bottom center the excess fabric is gathered into a rosette.

Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nelwyn from Bunkie, LA