Witch Hazel For Facial Astringent

I have used witch hazel for quite a few years as a natural astringent rather than the more expensive facial astringents. It works well for me, I have combination skin, oily/dry, and I use it in the morning and again before I go to bed. It seems to also help mild breakouts. It also has an antiseptic quality and is good for minor skin irritations. I try to find the store brand to get the very best price.

By Amy from Columbus, Ohio

Witch Hazel For Facial Astringent

Witch hazel is really effective at what it does, but it isn't the most pleasant smelling substance in the world. My sons and daughter use it for their faces. What I do is add a couple of drops of peppermint oil or cinnamon oil, not enough to counter the effect of the witch hazel but enough to make it more pleasant smelling. (04/05/2009)

By Mad Rabbit

Witch Hazel and Tea For Facial Astringent
Sweetgum Tree
Growing a Sweetgum Tree
Facial Astringent
Facial Astringent Recipes
Woman with facial mask and cukes on eyes.
Homemade Facial Cleanser Recipes
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making Witch Cupcakes