Wooden Country Snowman
You can create a cute country snowman by using a 2x4.
Approximate Time: 25 minutes
- scrap wood, including a 2x4
- black, white, and orange crafter's acrylic paints
- hot glue gun
- table saw
- small piece of fabric
- small piece of floral berry sprig
- First cut a section of 2x4 about 12 inches long.
- Then on one end cut the corners to create an edge for the hat, they do not have to be perfect corners.
- Sand all edges of your 2x4.
- You will need 2 small pieces of wood about 2 inches thick, these can be scraps from other projects.
- Cut one piece about 6 inches long, this will become the snowman's hat brim.
- The second piece will be his nose, cut this piece approx. 4 inches long with one corner cut slightly to create the carrot tip.
- Sand all edges.
- Now you are ready to begin painting.
- Once the pieces have dried, you can lightly sand the paint to create a distressed country look.
- Next paint on the eyes, mouth, and add a little color for his cheeks.
- Attach the hat brim and nose by using a hot glue gun.
- Add a little white paint to the nose and hat brim for snow.
- Attach some berries and a homespun bow.
A quick and easy project!
By Mandie from New Philadelphia, OH
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
March 27, 20080 found this helpful
November 16, 20160 found this helpful
So darling! I am going to make a couple of these, only taller, and put them in the front yard. I will attach them to those little green metal posts you can buy at Tractor Supply for four dollars.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 1, 2016 at 12:54:11 PM on 10.0.0.90 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us